When you join IFSTAL, you become part of our lifelong Food Systems Community. Staying connected after you finish your studies offers a number of benefits:
- You’ll be part of a large and diverse community of more than 2,000 food systems thinkers including junior and senior workplace practitioners, alumni and students.
- Gain access to information about relevant careers and skills development opportunities including jobs, internships, research opportunities and placements.
- Keep in touch with your peers and friends from across the IFSTAL partner institutions.
- Receive invitations to selected IFSTAL events.
Ways to stay connected:
- Sign up to the IFSTAL newsletters: http://eepurl.com/gFimqj
- Join the IFSTAL LinkedIn group.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Become an IFSTAL alumni ambassador for your institution – Contact Rosina Borrelli if you are interested.
- Join IFSTAL in Practice
IFSTAL in Practice
We have a growing group of alumni interested in keeping one foot in food systems thinking – they collaborate as IFSTAL in Practice.
A mentoring programme, methods workshops and career events are all in the pipeline, and updates are published in our monthly newsletter. To sign up for IFSTAL in Practice, contact Rosina Borrelli.
Adding your IFSTAL experience to your CV
We encourage you to include IFSTAL on your CVs and LinkedIn profiles. Employers place great value on extra-curricular activities and soft skill development. If you have applied for a certificate you can add this to your profile and add a description. Suggested wording (although we encourage your own reflections):
Participated in the Innovative Food Systems and Learning (IFSTAL) Programme. Gained knowledge and understanding of food systems frameworks, systems thinking concepts and complexity. Developed skills in systems analysis, effective communications and interdisciplinary working. Expanded understanding of values and attitudes in transdisciplinarity, reconciliation and theoretical and methodological pluralism.
Contact your local Education Coordinator for further information on receiving an IFSTAL certificate.
Do stay in touch, we would love to hear how you are getting on and are always happy to provide advice and guidance.